Located near I-55 and I-294 Interstates in Chicago, our trucking terminal and warehouse facility takes advantage of the congestion-free side of Chicago and is strategically located close to the major depots & rail hubs making Locke Transportation the logical choice for your dry and cold storage needs.
Our 30,000 SQ FT facility is located in a safe industrial neighborhood situated on 5 acres of level ground. Our facility is equipped with 40 dock doors, loads of dry, refrigerated, and frozen warehouse space, 60+ trailer & truck parking spots, and our facility is fully fenced & gated with over a dozen high resolution security cameras with night vision.
DRY, REFRIGERATED, AND FROZEN WAREHOUSE SPACE
Built with flexibility in mind, our warehouse facility supports three temperature zones;
- 35F degree cooler
- 0F degree freezer
- Ambient air temperature
CROSS DOCK AND TRANS-LOADING
If getting product to your customer as quickly and inexpensively as possible is your goal, Locke Transportation is able to cross dock products, all one type of product or multiple products from multiple locations. Dry/refrigerated, floor loads/palletized loads and overweight loads are our speciality. We can also perform mobile trans-loading at the location of your container or trailer if your load is stuck due to weight restrictions or other unanticipated complications.
FLOOR LOADING AND UNLOADING
Bringing in or shipping out your product without the use of pallets is no trouble at all. Locke Transportation has the equipment and man power to load and unload goods directly onto and off a container or trailer floor.
If you sell your product by the pound, Locke Transporation can help. We can capture product weights from your product box labels and calculate net & gross weights for full or partial loads.
Do you store your product in drums? No problem! Locke Transportation is equipped with drum handling equipment making us capable of loading and unloading drums.
We can accomodate special loading requests such as but not limited to;
- Loading frozen product in the nose and fresh product on the tail
- Transfering product to heat-treated pallets
- Remove all-English and re-apply multi-lingual product labels
- Dissasembly of inbound delivered product pallets and reassemble with a combination of products or in a particular unloading order
- For product stored in our dry, refrigerated, or frozen warehouse we can take product samples and ship them to you or to an inspection facility
- We can coordinate with the 3rd party inspection companies to be present for crossdock and container loading
- If applicable for your type of product, we can coordinate with government agencies for product inspection
PHOTOGRAPHS AND DIGITAL DOCUMENTATION
We understand that it's very important your product arrive at its destination undamaged and looking profesisonally handled. We want your product to arrive at its destination in the same condition or better than it arrived at our facility. Unfortunately, on its journey to its destination, we know that sometimes product can shift or get damaged. To help with yours or your customer's questions about loading and/or insurance claims, we use photo and video documentation of every shipping container or trailer we load. We can also accomodate photo documentation special requests such as taking a photo of a particular box label or a temperature recorder. At your request, we can make this information available to you and your customers located anywhere in the world using our Google Drive.
We provide every customer with a username and password to our online customer portal, activeTRAC. activeTRAC is where you can access all the information about your shipments and warehouse inventory. Some of activeTRAC's features and typical drayage, crossdock, and warehouse information available through activeTRAC includes;
- Product supplier bill of lading documents
- Rail ingate J1 documents
- Crossdock or shipment piece, weight, seal, and USDA certification number.
- Shipment status information such as origin and destination location names, hook & drop dates & times, container last free date, delivered date, and pending, completed, and billed shipment status
- Most shipment details and status information is available for export to a CSV file where you can download, open, and manipulate in MS Excel, Open Office, Google Sheets, and most popular spreadsheet programs.
- activeTRAC doesn't sleep and is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- If for some reason our default customer portal doesn't meet your needs, customization is available.
FRIENDLY & FAST CUSTOMER SERVICE
Business these days moves at the speed of light! With most companies running "just in time", a slow link in your distribution chain is not an option. We understand this and emphasize our cooperative and fast customer service responses.
If you cannot find your particular needs addressed on our website, this doesn't mean we cannot accomodate you! Some of our additional services include;
- Overweight freight consolidation
- Product repacking
- Product Weighing
- Product Labeling
- Product Banding
- Inventory Control
- Other value added services available upon request
Please contact us at 708-448-8257 and our customer service team will be happy to understand your needs and build a solution.